Post: Team Member (With Team Leader Responsibilities)
Responsible To: The Experience Management Team
Staff Responsibility: None
Job Ref: TEX_GKC(TLR)_05/19
Hours of Work: 37 Hours per week including evenings and weekends
Salary: £9.00 Living Wage + £20 per Team Leader Shift (approx. up to 2 per week)
The Experience in Hillington Park is an award winning 5* Visit Scotland attraction. We are the only electric karting track in Scotland, with a Cafe, laser tag arena, meeting rooms and soft play.
You will have an exceptional customer service focus and be involved in all aspects of the leisure centre experience. With the unique mix of leisure activities on offer, you will need to be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of a diverse range of customers. You will be working across a range of disciplines including reception, café, leisure and parties. The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all visitors will be a key part of this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities – Team Member Role
- Working on track as a Marshall marshalling drivers on track
- Assisting with delivering driver briefings
- Working in laser tag arena
- Assisting with parties and activities
- Meeting and greeting customers across The Experience
- Ensuring all customers have a safe and enjoyable visit!
- Keeping the karts, equipment and facilities looking good
- Assist with reception cover may be required (meet and greet, answer calls, deal with visitors)
- Assist in the serving of food and beverages within the café if required
Main Duties and Responsibilities – Whilst on Team Leader Shift
- Have keyholder responsibilities to open and close the building, supporting or covering the Duty Manager as required
- Carry out all Team Leader duties including assisting on the track, kids clubs, laser tag, café and conferences where required.
- Assist the Kids Coordinator and Arena Coordinator where required
- Allocate staff breaks
- Allocate roles on track
- Assist in managing track maintenance and kart checks and maintenance
- Support the Marketing and Communications team to create engaging content via video, photo and information for social media and marketing purposes
- In the absence of Arena Coordinator act as a link between Electric Mechanic/Youth Trainer and track
Skills and Experience
- Outgoing, friendly, and personable nature
- Be confident with a bubbly personality and comfortable communicating at all levels
- Previous serving / waiting experience is preferred
- Flexible attitude to shift working
- Be willing to work as part of a very hard working team
- You find it easy to multi-task . . . because you’ll need to!
- Have an excellent timekeeping and attendance record
- Be committed to delivering exceptional service
- Experience of serving in a busy café is desirable
- You have experience of selling face to face is desirable
- Karting experience is desirable
- Leisure industry experience is desirable
- Experience working with the general public is desirable
- Computer literacy is desirable
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the postholder at the present time, however, Kibbleworks reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibbleworks’ stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme). Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
Closing Date: Friday 17th May 2019 at 12 noon
Application Pack can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Please note you should ensure you have completed both the Application Form and Self-Declaration form when submitting your application.
To return your application form
You can return your completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Kibble Education and Care Centre