Post: Sessional Experience Crew Member
Responsible To: The Experience General Manager
Staff Responsibility: None
Hours of Work: Day, evening and weekend working (sessional)
Salary: £4.20 to £7.83 per hour dependent on age (national minimum wage)
The Experience in Hillington Park is a 5 – Star entertainment and events venue which houses Scotland’s only indoor electric Go-karting Arena, laser tag, meeting rooms and a café.
You will have an exceptional customer service focus and be involved in all aspects of the leisure centre experience. With the unique mix of leisure activities on offer, you will need to be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of a diverse range of customers. You will be working across a range of disciplines including reception, restaurant, leisure and parties. The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all visitors will be a key part of this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work throughout The Experience where required in areas including reception, restaurant, leisure (laser and slot) and parties.
- Meeting and greeting customers across The Experience
- Ensuring all customers have a safe and enjoyable visit!
- Responsible for guiding our guests through the menu, serving drinks and generally helping to deliver an excellent experience.
- Assisting in the serving and clearing of meals and beverages
- Assisting with children’s parties and activities
- Working on track during race meetings and other events and enforcing circuit rules when assisting as a Track Marshall
- Assisting in reception, if required, to manage bookings, answer phone calls and deal with all visitors
Skills and Experience
- Outgoing, friendly, and personable nature
- Be confident with a bubbly personality and comfortable communicating at all levels
- Previous serving / waiting experience is preferred
- Flexible attitude to shift working
- Be willing to work as part of a very hard working team
- You find it easy to multi-task . . . because you’ll need to!
- Have an excellent timekeeping and attendance record
- Be committed to delivering exceptional service
- Experience of serving in a high volume restaurant operation is desirable
- You have experience of selling face to face is desirable
- Karting experience is desirable
- Leisure industry experience is desirable
- Experience working with the general public is desirable
- Computer literacy is desirable
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities anticipated for the post-holder. However, KibbleWorks reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme). Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
Closing Date: Friday 25 January 2019 at 4.00pm
Application Pack can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Please note you should ensure you have completed both the Application Form and Self-Declaration form when submitting your application.
To return your application form
You can return your completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Kibble Education and Care Centre