Post: Electric Mechanic/Youth Trainer
Responsible To: General Manager (The Experience)
Staff Responsibility: None
Job Ref: TEX_EM/YT_06/19
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (annualised contract – includes some evenings and weekends)
Salary: £22,572 to £25,507 PT23-27 (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
The Experience in Hillington Park is an award winning 5* Visit Scotland attraction. We are the only electric karting track in Scotland, with a Cafe, laser tag arena, meeting rooms and soft play.
You will be able to maintain and repair the electric karts and other equipment on site. The workshop will be open and visible to visitors and you will have the ability to engage in a friendly and educational manner. This is a full-time post and some shift working will be required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The maintenance of a fully serviceable fleet of electric karts including standard, cadet, tandem and ride-on
- Management of kart documentation
- Pit lane management and marshalling as required
- Track maintenance
- Management of any part-time technicians/mechanics
- Any other duties as directed by management
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the mechanics’ area and throughout the venue
- You will be responsible for training, supervising and coaching young people on training programmes
- 5+ years’ experience from an automotive repair and servicing background or equivalent
- Worked with systems to diagnose electrical/mechanical faults
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to learn and operate bespoke systems
- Focus on customer service
- Experience of mentoring or coaching others
- Experience in electric karting or electrical repair
- Experience in the leisure sector
- Computer literate
- Assessor qualification/Learning and Development qualification
- Enthusiastic and welcoming
- Positive and friendly attitude
- A self-starter
- Highly motivated
- Excellent team player
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Excellent communicator
- Flexible approach to work
What Do We Offer?
We recognise the importance of staff wellbeing and we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes: Cash4Health, free on-site parking, free lunches, gym membership, access to our employee assistance programme, and more.
- This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the postholder at the present time, however, Kibbleworks reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
- Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibbleworks’ stated policy on equal opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be required to become a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme). Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
Closing Date: Friday 28th June 2019 at 12 noon
Application Pack can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Please note you should ensure you have completed both the Application Form and Self-Declaration form when submitting your application.
To return your application form
You can return your completed form by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Kibble Education and Care Centre